Please note that this was published for Pesah 5780/2020. Please view our Pesah guidance for 5781/2021 here.
With the arrival of Pesah, we want to make sure that you are aware of the many new resources we have on our website.
These resources are designed to be utilized as you make holiday preparations for your communities while taking coronavirus (COVID-19) factors into account.
CJLS Guidance and Recommendations:
- Conservative/Masorti Movement Statement on Gatherings and Communal Expectations of Leadership
- Kashrut Subcommittee Recommendations for Passover 5780 in Light of COVID-19
- Streaming Seder: CJLS guidelines for streaming of sedarim
- CJLS Guidance for Remote Minyanim in a Time of COVID-19
- CJLS COVID-19 Q&A (topics: Lifecycle Events [including Tohorah, B'nai Mitzvah], Passover, Sefirat Ha'Omer Practices)
- We are excited to present "A Seder Made to Order - 5780/2020," a one-of-a-kind, full length, virtual seder experience that you can use as you prepare to celebrate Passover in a time of social distancing and isolation.
- Our virtual seder is also available in individual clips by section in this playlist.
- Kashering your kitchen for Pesah video guide
- Form to Download Pesah Publications: In these extraordinary times, we know that many of you are exploring ways to pray as a community while engaging in social distancing. We are making PDF files of Pesah services available on request.
- Pesah Guide 5780: This guide is intended to help families maintain a kosher for Pesah home in accordance with the principles of Conservative Judaism and its understanding of Jewish Law. Please note that this year's guide is currently being updated to take COVID-19 factors into consideration.
- Feast of Freedom Passover Haggadah: The Feast of Freedom is available in full as free a PDF on request. Print copies may be purchased here.
- We have also released our Haggadah Supplement for 5780/2020, containing new prayers, readings, reflections and teachings to enrich and contextualize the seder for people this year as they work their way through the hagaddah.
- Our colleague Barry Dov Lerner has created a “Jewish Family Education Passover Haggadah,” that includes a full transliteration of the traditional Hebrew text as well as English translation and instructions.
- Sale of Hametz: Our RA is arranging for those in the Americas to sell their hametz virtually via Rabbi Mordy Schwartz. Feel free to distribute this link if you have constituents who need to sell their hametz. If you live in Israel, click here.
- Count the Omer with us
- Seder Melodies Playlist by the Cantors Assembly
- A Meditation for the Beginning of Our Seders by Rabbi Paul David Kerbel
- A Passover Message to Synagogue Presidents from USCJ
- Siyum Bekhorim on Yerushalmi Brakhot with Rabbi Mordechai Schwartz | Wednesday, April 8 at 8:00 AM ET
- Siyum Bekhorim on Yerushalmi Brakhot with Rabbi Adam Kligfeld | Wednesday, April 8 at 8:00 AM PT
Pesah Webinars for Rabbis:
When, How and Why are We Free? Revisiting the Concept of Herut
Tuesday, March 31 from noon-1:15 PM ET
Join JTS for a free webinar for rabbis designed to inspire you in your preparation of Pesah derashot and teaching this year. This webinar is presented by Eliezer Diamond and offered in collaboration with our Rabbinical Assembly.
Watch Now: Pesah Preaching with David Wolpe (Recording)
Thursday, April 2 at 2:00 PM ET
Discussion of ideas and themes for Pesah with our colleague David Wolpe.
Pesah Webinars for Your Community:
Watch Now: Preparing your Kitchen for Passover (Recording)
Monday, March 30 from 12:00-1:00 PM ET
In this webinar, JTS's Marcus Mordecai Schwartz will demystify the Passover process and review everything one needs to know to make their home kitchen kosher for Passover. This webinar is offered in collaboration with our Rabbinical Assembly.
Virtual Seder Webinar with Hazzan Sheldon Levin and Hazzan Marcey Wagner
Tuesday, March 31 at 1:00 PM ET (join using this Zoom link)
Being confined to our homes brings with it a special kind of challenge for tens of thousands of Jews all over the world: how to actually lead a seder and where to find resources online. In this highly accessible webinar, attendees will learn how to use online resources to customize their family or community's seder.
Why is this Year Different? led by Dr. Ron Wolfson and Cantor Steve Stoehr
Sunday, April 5 at 8:00 PM ET (Join using this Zoom link)
This year’s Passover will be unique; learn how you can make it special.