Conversion Certificates - FAQ

Q: Does the Rabbinical Assembly keep a record of conversion certificates? 

A: For more recent conversions, we ask our members to input the details on our website. If your conversion has been entered, we can issue a letter on our stationary reiterating the details we have on file. For older cases, we may have a certificate in our files, but these records are very limited.


Q: How can I check if the Rabbinical Assembly has a record of my conversion? 

A: Please send an email to Please include your name, the year in which you converted, your sponsoring rabbi, and, if possible, the city in which the conversion took place. 


Q: How far back do your records go? 

A: Most of the certificates in our archive are from the past 15-20 years. If your conversion occurred more than 20 years ago, it is very unlikely that we will have a copy of your certificate. 


Q: What can I do if the Rabbinical Assembly does not have a copy of my certificate?

A: We recommend reaching out to the synagogue at which your conversion took place. 


Q: Can the Rabbinical Assembly order a replacement for my certificate?

A: Unfortunately, this is not something our office has the ability to do. Please contact your sponsoring rabbi or the synagogue.