The RA is seeking a dynamic, thoughtful and creative communications specialist to promote our resources and programs to both our membership and the broader community via our website, emails, and social media. This position will also support the work of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism in its social media initiatives catering to over 600 synagogues in North America. Creating, managing and monitoring posts across all major platforms will also be a prime function for the right candidate.
Working for the Rabbinical Assembly with some responsibilities for USCJ this role is fast-paced, dynamic and requires a prolific writer and social media expert.
Reports to: Director of Member Development and Engagement
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing comprehensive, integrated communications and marketing strategy to inform our membership of our many resources and programs
- Maintaining annual communications calendar
- Updating web content and executing weekly communications to members
- Generating and maintaining resources for website
- Website management including managing fundraising campaigns, event registrations and maintaining information architecture
- Tracking, analyzing and advising on metrics and data regarding communications and website
- Working with CIVICRM to help advise on strategies based on analytics
- Overseeing production of annual report, including compiling materials and liaising with designer
Social Media: 20%
- Cultivate brand, social, and community growth strategy and execute strategies to authentically grow followers and engagement on each platform.
- Create & own monthly social calendar/posting cadence across platforms
- Create social graphic needs and write on-brand copy
- Supervise all communication within each social platform, advise on relevant activity and/or comments and feedback
- Monitor the success of campaign implementation through platform analytics, KPIs and dashboards.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- BA in Communications, Marketing, or related field with 4+ years professional experience
- Working knowledge of HTML, and content management systems (knowledge of Drupal a plus.)
- Proficiency in Constant Contact
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Must have a vast knowledge of social media tactics, strategies and best practices to use channels within a defined strategy.
- Superb language and writing skills. Creative writing abilities highly recommended.
- Must be a storyteller, who is able to create relevant content
- Ability to translate a marketing plan into a comprehensive social media strategy that encompasses the brand across all social media channels.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to manage and execute numerous projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Flexible and willing to work as part of a team
- Highly motivated and self-starting individual, driven by goal achievement and personal and
- professional growth.
- Strong organizational, follow-up, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Knowledge of and passion for Jewish life a plus
Salary: $55-65k, commensurate with experience
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Rabbinical Assembly is the international association of Conservative/Masorti rabbis that are the creative force shaping the ideology, programs and practices for the Conservative Movement. Our 1600 members serve as congregational rabbis, educators, military and hospital chaplains, professors of Judaica, and officers of communal service organizations throughout the world. While the majority of our rabbis serve in the United States and Canada, more than ten percent serve in Israel, and many serve in Latin America, Europe and Australia.
For more information: