We are outraged by the rise in antisemitic assaults against members of the Jewish community. Most recently, identifiably Orthodox Jews in the New York City area were attacked at the Monsey home of Rabbi Chaim Leibish Rottenberg, who was celebrating the seventh night of Hanukkah. This attack came just days after the December 10 shooting of six at a kosher market in nearby Jersey City, NJ, killing three. And we can never forget that last year, the peace and sanctity of the Jewish sabbath was shattered when a gunman burst into Pittsburgh’s Tree of Life synagogue and shot 11 people dead.
Below, you will find resources to support you and your community during this difficult time. This list will be updated regularly. Please contact our communications specialist, Diana Denza, at email@example.com if you'd like to submit a resource.
- Our RA was honored to be the convener of a webinar series co-hosted with the CCAR (the Reform Rabbinic organization), the RCA (the mainstream Orthodox Rabbinic organization), and the RRA (the Reconstructionist Rabbinic organization). Also joining us were the JCPA (Jewish Council for Public Affairs), JCRC and JFNA professionals. Learn more about the series here.
- Watch Now: Antisemitism on the Left and the Right - In this webinar, Dr. Deborah Lipstadt discussed antisemitism on both the left and the right. Dr. Deborah Lipstadt is Dorot Professor of Modern Jewish History and Holocaust Studies at Emory University. Her most recent book is Antisemitism Here and Now.
- Watch Now: What to Do About Hate on the Internet - In this webinar, Ambassador Marc Ginsberg discussed how to handle internet hatred. Ambassador Marc Ginsberg, former Ambassador to Morocco, is President, Coalition for a Safer Web. Download the accompanying PowerPoint here.
- Watch Now: Antisemitism and White Nationalism - In this webinar, Eric Ward discussed the rise of antisemitism and white nationalism. Eric Ward is the Executive Director of the Western States Center, which works on inclusive democracy, the rise of white nationalism, and its relationship to antisemitism and other dangerous ideologies.
- We hosted a virtual discussion about the Charlottesville case and how it fits into broader issues of rising anti-Semitism and extremism. Roberta Kaplan, civil rights attorney and founding partner of Kaplan Hecker & Fink LLC, and Amy Spitalnick, executive director of Integrity First for America, joined us to represent a coalition of Charlottesville members who were injured in the August 2017 violence in Charlottesville, VA. Watch the full recording here. (members only)
- Resources for Rabbis in the Wake of the Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting: Here you will find messages of hope from colleagues, as well as resources to cope with antisemitic attacks. (members only)
- Our Reaction to Anti-Semitism is Both Overblown and Underdeveloped by Michael J. Koplow, Israel Policy Forum
- Communities Overcoming Extremism: The After Charlottesville Project, ADL
- I hate talking about anti-Semitism by Rabbi Dr. Donniel Hartman, The Times of Israel
- Want to Fund a Response to Antisemitism? Here’s What To Do – and What Not to Do, Jewish Philanthropy