Gun Control Resources for Leaders in the Jewish Community
Why does this issue strike a chord in the Jewish community? This statement from the Conservative Movement and these sources on Gun Control help to frame the issue; articles by Julie Schonfeld and David Lerner also help to put it into perspective as a Jewish issue at its core.
These resources, rooted in Jewish tradition, are meant to be a source of guidance and inspiration in approaching this important issue.
- Sign and distribute these petitions:
- Contact your Member of Congress (via the Religious Action Center)
- Join the USY Rally Against Gun Violence on Dec. 26, 2012
- Commemorate the victims as part of Shabbat services:
- Organize an interfaith gathering for your community
Teach About the Issues
- Gun Violence Source Sheet by Ashira Konigsburg
- Lead a discussion on the Shabbat to Stop Gun Violence on Jan. 5-6, 2013
- Sermon Resources (from Clergy Against Bullets)
Learn More About the Issues
- Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence:
- Demand a Plan (A project of Mayors Against Illegal Guns):