Posted on: Wednesday October 21, 2020
Synagogues who have already signed on as sponsors will be sent a coupon code to have their congregants register at no cost. Each individual must sign up for each of the sessions they plan to attend. Zoom links will be sent out to registered participants shortly before each session.
There is still time for your community to join as a sponsor. Congregations of less than 400 members can join for $150, 400 or more for $250. Individuals whose congregations do not sponsor can pay $25 to participate.
Links to individual registration for JTS and Ziegler classes are below.
Hidden Histories and Untold Stories
Tuesdays at 8 PM ET / 5 PM PT
JTS Registration Link
Join JTS scholars as they uncover the hidden context around biblical figures and important eras in Jewish history.
- 11/10: Dr. David Fishman on how religious pre-Holocaust Eastern European Jewry actually was—or wasn’t
- 11/17: Dr. Alan Cooper on why we stopped caring about Moses’s descendants
- 12/1: Dr. Sarah Wolf on how foreign the beit midrash would feel to the early Rabbis
- 12/8: Dr. Amy Kalmanofsky on what the Bible really had against Jezebel
Equity, Forgiveness and Intersectionality
Wednesdays at 10 PM ET / 7 PM PT
Ziegler Registration Link
Join Ziegler faculty as they explore issues related to race, gender equality, intersectionality, and building a democracy of the future. Download the full descriptions for each Ziegler session here.
- 11/11: Rabbi Cheryl Peretz will examine the centuries old Jewish march towards gender equality and justice
- 11/18: Rabbi Dr. Elliot Dorff will explore the concept of communal forgiveness
- 12/2: Rabbi Dr. Gail Labovitz on what Exodus has to teach us about intersectionality
- 12/9: Rabbi Dr. Aryeh Cohen on building a multiracial democracy